Jesus loves me

Three words that we're familiar with, whether from the song, from our parents or maybe we learned them in sunday school. But, there is raw truth in these words for those that belong to God. This is not the same love that I have for my favorite food, sports team or rock band. This is love that lays everything down for a whore. For a hater of the lover. A love so strong that the one receiving the love can never ever do enough to repay the love. Ever. I begin to think about this and am absolutely floored. Why me? Jesus don't you know how much I've done against you?

Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. Ephesians 5:25-27

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. Romans 5:8-9

Oh what love! What richness of love for mankind! Jesus loves me means that while I hated Him, He continued to reach out His hand to me. Even after I learned of Jesus I continued to spit in His face, yet Jesus interceded on my behalf to God the Father, drawing me back to His word alone. Jesus loves me. He took all the blows that I deserved. God saw everything that I was going to do against Him before time and chose to send His only Son, Jesus, to be my propitiation. I have a hard time as a redeemed being just loving my closest family. These are my immediate family, mother, father, and sisters. Jesus doesn't love those that are like Him, creators. There is only one Creator, the trinity, God, Christ and Holy Spirit. Jesus loves the fallen created. The created that will not love the Creator. Jesus loves them.

Just think about it. Jesus, creator of all. God in human form. Loves. Gave up his existence outside of the created to enter the world in which He created to redeem what He created. Not because they loved Him, but because He loved them. This love was done for the greatest love, the glory of God. Me, the created. One small speck, on a little planet, in a little galaxy, one of maybe 200 billion galaxies. Born a hater of God and everything that He is. A defiant little finite speck.

Jesus loves me.



Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure