Be brave and ask for help

We were at the library yesterday and my daughter wanted to find some Doc McStuffins books. I told her she could ask the librarian for help to figure out where they might be if she really wanted them, but she was going to have to ask. I told her I'd go with her.

It took a little coaxing, and the librarian was really patient. But, she did get the words out and the librarian helped her find a Doc McStuffins book. Plus, she asked my daughter if she wanted to go in the back and find another Doc McStuffins book that had just been returned. So Josie got to go in the back with the librarian and find the book that had just gotten returned.

It was kind of a fun teaching moment for me with Josie. If she hadn't asked the librarian for help she probably wouldn't have found those books and she definitely wouldn't have gotten to go by herself in the back with the librarian to find a second Doc McStuffins book.

Sometimes it's good to just stop searching, be brave, and ask for help.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure