Coloring light bulbs

I can see now some of the things that I really enjoyed growing up and how those things have fueled where I am today. One memory in particular stands out of planning a concert one Christmas where me and 3 of my cousins played some music for the rest of the family. I remember coloring light bulbs with red and green permanent markers and putting them in my grandparents lamps in the basement to really bring up the feeling of a concert. Permanent marker colored light bulbs give off a distinct smell when they're on for a while! I think we also put together programs. I was all in.

Today, I see that Christmas concert along with other "shows" I did as a kid as setting the stage for a lot of what I get to do now.

One of the biggest events of the year at my work is our Winter Conference. It's basically a huge show, that I never would have imagined helping envision and create every year as a kid. It's a highlight of my year with close to 5,000 people attending.

So if you're a kid and you've got a crazy idea in your head of something you want to do, do it. It may just take you a little further down a path of what you'll end up doing and enjoying, but you'll never know unless you try.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure