It takes two to make a thing go right

I took our kids to our small group bible study last night with out my wife and I came back home with more than we left with.

My son came home with a mark across his cheek that I have no idea how he got. My daughter came home with a skinned up face from falling on the driveway while playing with the other kids. And I came home with a thankfulness in my heart that I don't have to do this parenting thing alone on a regular basis. It's tough. Tough to have conversations with other adults, tough to make sure your kids have what they need, tough to make sure you didn't forget anything when it's just you and the kids. I realize my wife does the solo parenting thing more than me on a regular basis, but I'm thankful that we can take turns going into the ring.

Ultimately, I'm thankful for how God designed family where there's a mom and dad sharing the load of joy of teaching kids. Thankful that mom's and dad's also have another they can go to when the burden seems too much as well. Another family. God the father, Jesus the son and the Holy Spirit.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure