Time with my kids

I find thinking about time interesting because it's something all of have and everyone probably uses it somewhat differently at least after you get your sleep out of the way.

After watching a video from a co-worker recently that has a daughter diagnosed with Leukemia AML and hearing him talk about spending time with his kids it made me think about how much time I typically have with my kids a week. So I did a little math for an average week. It ended up being a little under 2 full 24 hour days a week. Or to put another way of my awake hours a little under 3 days out of a week I'm around my kids. That's roughly 156 days a year out of 365. Put one more way I get to spend roughly 40% of every week while I'm awake with my kids. It's actually more than I thought when I think about the amount of time during the work week that I'm home with my kids and the amount of time that my wife is with them.

But it's still not a lot and it's only for a short period of their life. This amount of time is only going to decrease as they grow up. They're only 1 and 3 right now.

My math.
168 hours in a week
112 hours awake
33% of week (56 hrs sleeping)
26% of week (44.5 hrs with kids)
25% of week (42.5 hrs working)
6% of week (10.5 hrs alone time with wife)
6% of week (10.5 hrs before anyone awake)
2% of week (5 hrs commuting)

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure