Gift giving or receiving

I really enjoy giving gifts.

But I don't know how good I really am at it. I tend to gravitate towards things that are unique and potentially higher quality and cost. That's what I like. The question is whether the one I'm giving the gift to will like it?

My wife on the other hand, would truly be happy if I didn't get her anything (really) or if it was something really meaningful that had little actual dollar cost to it. Quality isn't necessarily a big deal to her. She would prefer time with me or a thoughtful note or gesture.

So what happens when the gift giver and the receiver don't align? Well... it can create some fireworks OR it's an opportunity for grace and thankfulness. It's also an opportunity to talk and understand the other person better.

How do you approach giving a gift? How do you handle receiving a gift?

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure