Preference and compromise

We have started a tradition in our home of alternating between colored lights and white lights on the Christmas tree. My wife and now my daughter like colored lights and I prefer white. So... we decided to alternate between each every year.

This year is the colored lights year and there's something about it that I kind of enjoy knowing that it's what makes my wife and daughter happy. I don't hate colored lights I just prefer white. My preference when combined with my love for my wife and kids creates a compromise that makes something I wouldn't have preferred still enjoyable because of who likes it.

I'm glad we don't all like the same things. Some things just aren't negotiable, but there's a lot of things that are preference. So try to find ways to see something in what others like too.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure