The 40% rule

This concept, called the 40% rule, is used by the Navy SEALS to increase mental toughness when they get to a place where they feel like quitting.

In summary the idea is that when you hit a wall and you're mind says "I'm done", you're actually only at about 40% of what you're capable of doing. The example was given that 99% of those start a marathon finish it and everyone that does a marathon knows that you hit a wall at some point, yet you still push through it and finish.

This idea is fascinating to me and is an encouragement to push myself in areas when I say, "I can't." or "It hurts too much." or "It can't be done." It might be really hard, but there's more in the reserve tank than I think.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure