What am I gonna do?

It's in the low 30's outside and I'm alone with kids all day in the house. What am I gonna do?

That was the question yesterday as I took the day off from work to watch our kids so my wife could work yesterday. The stretch from wake up until nap time can sometimes be brutal, but yesterday we hit the jackpot.

I don't remember exactly how we made it to 10AM, maybe it's because we were all looking forward to going to Bass Pro Shop right when it opened, but that's what we did. If you've got little kids and you need something to do in Peoria for an hour or two that's free, go visit Bass Pro Shop. Especially during the holidays, November through Christmas. My kids loved running around in the big store, seeing all the animals, fish, and playing with the toys set up in the Santa Claus area. They're highlight though was the lady in the bowling alley that gave them fish temporary tattoos. We were there for an hour and it went by super fast.

Oh and one more thing, we didn't do this, but if you're looking for an inexpensive meal out with the whole family between now and Christmas, 6 kids can eat free with any adult meal purchase at Uncle Buck's Fish Bowl there.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure