Cleaning up presentations

This is probably one of the things I get the least excited about at work, but it's really an important task I'm asked to do. For one, I should be honored that others see enough value in my sense of design that they would ask me to take what they've already created and make it look more visually appealing and memorable.

What I need to do in the case of something like this is to remember that I'm taking something that's already very well thought out and applying that final spit polish to it. As a creative person sometimes it's tough to buckle down and spend a lot of time on a 100+ slide presentation when you're not actually creating it.

When I am faced with projects like this I like to try and take the opportunity to learn something in the process though. Like, how can I make the master template better for myself to make the clean up quicker? If I improve the master template will that make it easier for the presenter to have a more professional looking presentation the next time I get their's to clean up? What short cuts are there in the presentation software to make this process quicker?

Even in the less interesting projects there's still things to learn. Take the opportunity.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure