I'm a wimp

When it comes to being sick I'm a total wimp. Two days ago I started feeling pretty sick and yesterday and I basically just laid in bed or on the couch. I didn't feel like I could eat anything and felt all kind of pressure in my head.

When I'm sick all I want is for it be over, but what about when someone else is sick? How quickly I forget how bad I felt and the compassion I appreciated when others are sick. It makes me think of my wife who is pregnant right now and has felt nauseous the entire pregnancy so far. Even with the sickness of pregnancy, she's taken awesome care of the kids while I've been at work. Very rarely do I hear her complain about it.

I don't know if I'll ever get to the point where I just embrace being sick when I get sick and just push through it, but I do want to be more compassionate towards others when they're not doing well.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure