My 39th Christmas

I've celebrated Jesus birth 39 times in my life. I don't know that having had celebrated Christmas 39 times means that I still fully can wrap my head around how amazing God making himself infinitely small and vulnerable as a baby, born of a virgin really is. For the purpose of being a gift of payment for our sin because there is no way that we could ever live to God's level of perfection.

Every day I see my need for my Savior that we celebrate today. When I raise my voice at my wife, when make a hurtful comment to a family member, when I'm not loving towards my kids, when I complain about my life, when I'm not thankful for what God has given to me. Every day I need Christ Jesus. Every day I need to celebrate that God chose to send his son Jesus for me and for anyone else who would believe in Him.

Here's just a little more that I read today from Paul Tripp...
"Remember that he [Jesus] endured separation so that nothing could ever separate us from the Father's love. As you remember these things, remember this: if God was willing to give up his Son so that we would know his love, doesn't it make sense that he will also with him give us everything else we need? The promise of the Christmas story is unshakable love and every need met. Now that's worth celebrating!"

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure