Projects and people

I've got a lot going on.
I'm so busy.
It's crazy.
Things aren't slowing down.
I've got a lot to do.
My plate is really full.

These are things I say to others when they ask how I'm doing or when I'm asked to do something around this time of year. The statements above are true, but they're all about me and could be perceived as, "Leave me alone. I've got important stuff to do, more important than whatever you're doing or more important than what you want to talk about." So, how should I respond?

In these responses, I'm putting the task in front of a person. Maybe they have a lot going on too. Maybe they're dealing with something that's tough in their personal life. They wouldn't be coming to talk or ask a question if there wasn't something going on.

God help me to see past my projects to the people around me that you bring by me.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure