The best steak I've ever had

My wife and I would say that the best steak we've ever had by far came from Trails End Smokehouse. I first had a ribeye from Trails End at one of our company events about 6 years ago.

So, this year we decided to get ribeyes from Trails End for our Christmas dinner with her family. And then the pressure was on to still deliver "the best steak we've ever had", but we'd have to grill it this time.

I put my order in and picked up a few days before Christmas from a house in a small town in Illinois. Our steaks were in zip locks bags in a small cooler outside the house. There was an envelope on the top of cooler to put the cash for the steaks in. Nothing professional about the process, but the expectation of quality steak was still high in my mind. I felt like I had the inside scoop on a best kept secret in the area when picking up these steaks.

Well, yesterday was Christmas and we grilled all the ribeyes and they were still "the best steak we've ever had" and I think we made a few more believers yesterday. No one said they weren't good AND we managed to get them all grilled to perfection without ruining the steaks.

So if you're looking for a really good ribeye try getting some from Trails End Smokehouse.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure