Close friends

How many close friends do you have? Do you have any?

This is a sore subject for me because I would struggle to say that I really have any. There are a couple guys that have remained in my life for a long time, but I would not say we stay close. There are other guys that have come in and out with seasons in my life. But I would have a hard time naming or counting close friends, the way I think a close friend should be defined.

Why is that? I think most of the reason is on myself. I tend to put tasks in front of relationships and I don't want that to be the case. We were challenged this weekend in church on the importance of community within our church. Challenged to send a text each day this week to someone, call someone, have a 5-minute conversation with someone there at church or spend some time in the word with someone this week.

I tend to think it's the other way around that people should just be drawn to me and want to do stuff with me or my family, but I know that it's actually the other way around. I and my family need to be a people that reach out to others and invites them into our lives. I can only do this by God's grace... I naturally think about myself, my tasks, what I want. God help me and my family to think about what others would need and what you desire for us.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure