Getting "dropped"

Sometimes when I pick up my kids from my parents I have some funny conversations with my 3-year-old daughter on the way home.

Yesterday was one of those. We were talking about kids that don't have a mom or dad because there's a family in our small group that's in the process of adopting and another family that has watched our kids has adopted. My daughter proceeded to tell me about the couple in our small group that is adopting the baby. She said, "That baby is getting dropped." I was totally confused. She then said, "You know dad. Jeff and Pam are going to dropped that baby." Then it clicked. She was trying to use the word adopted. It actually sounds pretty close, dropped and adopted.

It's so fun seeing my kids learn new words and start using them, even when they don't get it quite right.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure