Good system gone bad

OneDrive.

The idea is simple and not novel. Google is doing it. Apple is doing it. Windows (OneDrive) is doing it. What is it? The idea of sharing a document and being able to edit and save at the same time that others are in the document.

Our team decided to try OneDrive for our conference presentations this year and overall it was a good experience. Until yesterday... the day before our conference. All of sudden all the presenters I had shared the documents with couldn't access their files. And I had no way of contacting OneDrive support to figure out what was actually going on that was removing access for everyone. Fortunately, we were able to figure out a workaround to still get the presentations and continue to finesse them before today, but it was extremely frustrating.

I think the biggest frustration I've experienced with some of these good tools is it's really hard to get answers when you can't find them online. There's no person to call and no immediate response from someone. Eventually you'll probably get an answer-back, but usually, when I'm in a situation where I need an answer, like this one, I need it ASAP.

So, OneDrive, I hope you pull through. Our team like you overall, but you didn't deliver when we needed you most.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure