Making the sale

Today I had a Facebook Marketplace sale to make and was hoping to sell four old doors. I responded back and forth to at least 10 inquiries and finally landed on one that committed to come and take a look at them.

It was a wife I had been corresponding back and forth with, but she was sending her husband to pick up the doors.

After showing him what I had. He asked some questions about the doors, got some measurements and then mentioned that his wife had gotten a little ahead of him on the remodeling project and he wasn't sure if they were going to work. He said he needed to call her to talk about the doors.

So I waited... He came back and apologized, but said they weren't going to get them, but he offered to help me carry them back in the garage. I felt defeated. I was hoping for a sale. So, trying to stay positive I said it was fine, that there were tons of people that had inquired about the door, which I think made him feel worse about not buying them. Then I threw in that a local salvage place said they would sell them for $25, which he then said they'd probably charge more like $100 for these doors. After he said that, he thought for a second and said you know what I might as well take them. If I can't use them I'm sure I can sell them for the same price.

Sold! I was pumped... even if it took a while to make the sale. I made the sale.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure