Surprise this morning

I got a little surprise this morning once I got my coffee and got ready to sit down and read. I heard the sound of little feet coming down the stairs. At 5:30 am, my daughter was ready to join me for my morning routine.

The sweet part of this is that I probably wouldn't get to see her today at all since I'm traveling today and won't get home until after she's in bed.

I've come to embrace the unpredictableness of being a parent. It's great to have a routine, but it's better to have these little human beings that disrupt my schedule and help me remember that this life is not all about me.

It's easier for me to say this when she's just sitting next to me snuggling though. Getting my daughter snuggle-fix this morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure