Thanks to the coffee farmer

Sipping my coffee this morning made me think about the amount of time that it takes to create a cup of coffee. Not the time that it took me to make my cup of coffee this morning, which was maybe a minute or two. But the amount of time that it takes to grow the beans and get them ready to consume.

Although some of the processes have become automated in places like Brazil where they have huge flat areas of coffee farms, most areas of the world still do much of the process by hand picking, sorting, etc.

The entire process consists of picking, processing, milling, and finally roasting. I take this whole operation for granted every day. I just pick out my coffee cup, pour some coffee into a pod, hit the button on the Keurig and within a minute I have a hot cup of coffee. Every morning.

Thankful for all the people that work hard every day to harvest coffee.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure