Chick-fil-a customers

We went to Chick-fil-a last night for dinner to take advantage of the FREE chicken sandwiches. And it was packed, but they handled the number of people extremely well. Thanks, Chick-fil-a.

But that's NOT what I'm writing about this morning... One thing I find interesting there is the kind of people and conversations I have at Chick-fil-a that don't happen a lot at other restaurants. Especially in the play area.

Last night was no exception. I sat next to another dad and we started talking about our kids, which then turned to jobs as well. I learned that the guy next to me is an engineer that works for the Illinois Department of Transportation and analyzes traffic patterns to adjust the traffic lights around the central Illinois area to be most efficient at getting cars where they need to go at all times of the day. It was super interesting. But, the most useful thing I learned from him is that there are no cameras in the central Illinois area that will give you a ticket for going through a light anywhere currently, which is good to know if you ever have to go through a red light.

My point here is if you go to Chick-fil-a and are in the kids' area with your kid and there's another parent there, just start talking to them.

Actually, if you're anywhere there's an opportunity to talk to someone and you're both just sitting there, instead of scrolling through Facebook or Instagram, engage in some conversation.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure