I wasn't riveted

Typically when there's an Apple Event I'm glued. They've piqued my interest and made the event about me and how their products make my life better.

I tuned into some of it yesterday and it was still amazingly well done. As few companies but Apple can do, but I didn't feel riveted in the same way. I think it was that really nothing they came out with was "new", it may be better than what currently is available for a price, but it wasn't new. They introduced Apple Card, Apple Arcade, Apple News+ and Apple TV+. Notice anything about all of these? They're services. Not a physical product.

I think bigger than this was the people they brought in to convince me that it's going to premium content on their Apple TV+ service. Steven Speilberg, J.J. Abrams, Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, and Steve Carell just to name a few were brought on stage to talk about the Apple TV+ service and the shows they're working on.

It just didn't seem like Apple... and I didn't connect like I have in the past. I'm really curious about how these services will do in the market.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure