Sunset... no sunrise yet

Last week I mentioned wanting to shoot at sunrise to see what the "golden hour" hype is about. I believe it's true, in fact, I've experienced it from seeing the results, but not as the person behind the camera.

Well, I haven't shot at sunrise yet, but I did take the kids out last night close to sunset. Let me just say photographing your kids is tough! I think I had 2 of 10 photos that were decent... and I'm learning which is the best part. But in the process, my son kept running away from me, my daughter was scared she was stepping in poop (we were walking down a lane in the middle of some fields) and then she had to go to pee. Normally I would have just had her go right there, but there was nothing to keep people from seeing her go. So, we had to rush home!

My takeaways. It's tough to get good photos of your kids. It helps to understand the fundamentals of photography well enough so that you can focus on being ready when there is a good shot to take.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure