What do you remember?

What do you want your kids to remember? What are the things you should remember? How can you help get them in your head?

I keep thinking about this as I think about our company culture and have been jotting things down that come to mind, but as I was driving this evening I thought what about my family. What do I want them to remember?

The one thing I think my oldest can recite by heart now, she's almost 4, is about obedience. In our family, we say, "Obey right away, all the way, with a happy heart." But, I want to spend more time thinking about the things that I repeat often and why. I know another one is, "No." and "Don't do that.", but that's not the kind of thing I want to teach my kids. I desire to instill things like. "As a family, we care about each other." And, "We need God's grace." Things like that and I want my wife and me to repeat them so that these truths get instilled in our children.

I see tremendous value in having mantras or sayings even if they're cheesy because it helps us remember who we are and what we're about.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure