14,611 days

That's how many days I've been alive. 14,611 days.

And today is my 200th day of blog posting.

According to World Bank the average life expectancy of a male in the U.S. is 79. So, I could have 14,235 days left. I quite possibly could be "over-the-hill". Hitting these milestones makes you think about things from a little different angle.

A lot has happened in the last 40 years and I think some of the sweetest has been in the last 5 though between getting married and having kids. I look forward to however many more days I have left. Seeing the numbers on this blog post this morning makes me want to make the most of them and not waste them. It makes me think of sharing the gospel too as we've been challenged in church lately.

How many of my last 14,611 days have I actually talked about or shared the gospel? Probably very few... even though I know the gospel. If it's truly the most important message why should we keep it from people?

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure