Changing behaviors takes time

My son has been sleeping with a pacifier his whole life (two and a half years). Last night was the first night he slept without it and it was rough getting him to bed. I have a feeling the next 30 days or so are going to be tough at night until we get through the change. He did sleep all night which is huge though!

Think of anything you want to do differently than you've been doing. It takes some days typically to start getting into the swing of the change and not going back to what has been "normal" for a long time. I think of blogging for me or exercising. Those first 30 days are tough, but if it becomes part of your everyday routine eventually it becomes something that's enjoyable and it feels weird when you don't do it.

I have to remind myself that if I'm going to start doing something new I'm just going to have to stick with it for a while or I'll get frustrated and quit if I'm not consistent.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure