That extra nudge

It was Friday night. Long day at the office. We made it through the evening with our kids and had just tucked them in bed...

And I mentioned that I would do some painting after they were in bed. By the time the day is at this point a lot of times, I'm ready to call it quits too. This night was no exception.

But, my wife gave me the extra nudge a few times to in so many words say, "Hey, let's try and get some painting done. We're not gonna be able to do this as easily when the kids are up." It took me a bit to convince myself that continuing to work was a good idea, but I'm thankful for her. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten any of what I said I would do done that night. We didn't finish, but we're further along than we would have been if I would have gone to bed. She got me to keep working for another 2 hours.

Do you need to encourage someone to keep going? Do you need to listen to someone's encouragement to keep going? Both are important. I'm thankful for a wife that can keep me going when I'm ready to be done. I can be lazy and selfish. I need that extra nudge many times.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure