The pay of perfectionism

Perfect.

Perfect (or as close as humanly possible to perfect) is slow. It is attention to the finest details. It is a standard that most fail to meet. Perfect separates the best from the rest. And in order for there to be a perfect, there has to be a standard. I'm not talking about perfect people (there are none of those). I'm talking about "perfect" as far as talent, skill, a trade...

The guy that did our tile job this past weekend got me thinking about it. He was extremely talented. And in my eyes, I would say he did the job "perfect". But, because of his attention to detail and perfectionistic nature he was also slow. And his quote was the lowest of anyone that quoted the job. So, how does that work out then? ...The pay isn't great. If he would have been quicker the pay would have been better, but would his work be as perfect? I don't know.

I've written briefly about perfectionism in a past blog post here: Perfection The point here is a good reminder that once you get your work to a certain point, the rest is more for the creator than for the audience it is intended for.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure