Where is that thing?

Yesterday I spent at least an hour looking for my plastic organizer that holds all my screws. I needed two screws that were longer than the ones that came with the light I was hanging. I finally found them after probably looking in the room they were in at least three times.

The move from one house to another has made this scenario play many times. What I find interesting is how easily I forget where I put things when they're put in a new place and I'm putting lots of things in new places. It's like my brain only has the ability to remember so many things within a given period of time.

The other thing that's amazing when you think about it is the sheer amount of things your brain can remember where they are. A lot of things are very educated guesses, but at least you know where to look. A good example is our new kitchen. I know the glasses are in a certain cupboard. I know plates are in another cupboard or silverware is in a certain drawer. It doesn't take too many times to remember even in a new house that certain things are in a certain place. It seems like a big part of our brains remembering where things are is repetition.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure