Would you put your kids to bed at 10PM?

WebMD says your kids should get between 10-12 hours of sleep (I generalized a little)... up to 14 hours if they are between 1 and 3.

But, it doesn't say when they should go to bed or get up. So, what if you would put them to bed at 10PM and they get up at 9AM? They're still getting the 11 hours of sleep they need right? This is the schedule that one of my siblings has. She also homeschools, so that helps with the getting up late thing. But, I would say the "normal" bedtime for kids is probably somewhere between 7 and 8PM. My kids go to bed around 7:30PM and are up around 7AM.

I guess my point is as long as they get their sleep it doesn't matter. I just haven't met too many other parents that go much off the "normal" bedtimes. Probably because I don't know too many other parents that are crazy enough to stay up later than 10PM every night. My sister and her husband are probably up until midnight most nights! I, on the other hand, am ready to go to bed most nights about as soon as my kids are in bed. 9PM would be about as late as  I want to stay up unless I found a good book or movie to watch.

I wouldn't mind my kids sleeping in until 9AM on the weekend, instead of getting up at 6:30 or 7, but you can't have the best of both worlds I don't think. It's either early to bed or late to get up. I think I'd still rather have early to bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure