Are you thankful?

Are you thankful?

How do you show it? Do you write a note? Do you tell someone? Do you make a list? How do you express thankfulness?

It always is good for me to think about and express thankfulness to others and God. Never have I gone through the practice of giving thanks and been disappointed. Thankfulness gets the focus off of me and onto others and God.

Having meals brought to us in the past week after our new baby has brought the idea of expressing thankfulness to others into focus for me again. I wrote a few thank you notes to those that brought meals and it just feels good to do that. Plus, the act of receiving thanks is good for others as well.

I ask our kids quite often when they're whining, "Are you having a thankful heart?" And sometimes I ask them to tell me one thing they're thankful for.

It's good to get in the habit of being thankful.

Popular posts from this blog

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure