4th of July week

This will be the first time in 6 years that my wife and I haven't traveled to Minnesota for the week of the 4th of July. We have typically taken this week off and visited her parents there for the week, but since they live 6 blocks away from us in Illinois that trip will probably not ever happen again.

There were a lot of good memories made up there. It's really where I first got to know my wife before we got married. I went up there with some of our friends and her for a long weekend trip. It's also where I first got to know her parents as well and I thought I could see myself enjoying this family. It's where my daughter first got in a pool. It's where I got mono! It's also where I've done more fishing than anywhere else.

We're gonna miss those trips.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure