Losing control, or doing more

I get these feelings of losing control of what I have had control of in the past and it's going to continue to increase as our company grows. We hired someone to do video internally for us, where before I headed it up and outsourced all of it. We're getting ready to hire another person that helps with digital efforts where now I handle or help outsource all of that. And our culture is awesome in the sense of when something is your job, it's your job, and you own it. There's a level of trust, not total just do whatever you want, but a high level of independence that comes with any job.

But, it's unsettling to be giving up some of the "jobs" that I've had and handing them over to someone else to do and to help manage someone else. It's also a good sign though that we're growing as a company and investing in more people to do more work to reach more people.

I think I can be somewhat of a control freak and like to know what all is going on. Most of us don't like to be left out. Most people believe their opinions are valid. So, knowing that there will be more I don't know about and possibly things I don't get to speak into shakes me up a little. But it's a good shaking up because this will allow us to hopefully do more as long as I don't try to get in and control it all.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure