Shaved ice stand

It's no longer there. I just looked it up. But, the shaved ice stand in the Hartland shopping center in Lexington, KY was a favorite of mine as a kid.

I don't remember the name of the stand. It was just a small stand in the middle of the parking lot with a drive-up window on both sides of the stand. And they had just about any flavor of syrup you could imagine. The two favorites I can remember were Blue Hawaii and Tiger Blood. I would ride my bike over with some change, I don't remember how much they were, and you could pick from 3 styrofoam cup sizes.

I think it was our family bike ride last night that made me think of this memory that I haven't thought about for a long time, but it's amazing how some experiences can stick with you so well. I can picture right where that little stand was and remember riding my bike from my parent's house to the stand. I just looked it up to see if it's still there and now there's a coffee stand there called Common Grounds... how common.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure