She said, "Thank you Dad."

My daughter has said thank you many times, but last night was really sweet and I could tell she meant it.

I took my oldest son and daughter to see the movie Trolls in the park in Morton. It was a late night and it wrapped up around 10:30. The kids loved it, but my daughter as we were packing up to leave and started walking back to the car said the best words of the night without any prompting... "Thank you, Dad, for taking us to the movie tonight."

I'm thankful that this was her response. We don't do things like this that often, so when we do she doesn't feel like she's entitled to it. I think she somehow realizes that in how she responded last night. God help my kids to be "thankful people".

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure