The stats

How much time do we spend looking at the stats? I get sucked into this somewhat regularly and I think there's the aspect where I can learn, but there's another part of it that just wants to know. The stats of how many likes, shares, views, how much time, opens, clicks, forms filled out...

But, if there's no benchmark what's the value? Why do we care what a stat is if we don't have a goal? Maybe you have goals as to what you're shooting for, but if you don't what's the driver for looking at your stats? If they don't perform to the level you think they should will you do something differently or is it more of a comfort that something is happening? I think I've blogged about this before already, but I think there's something here. We're all driven by the stat and social media especially is driven by these stats.

What if we didn't have visibility to them?  Are we putting things out into the world for the stats? Or are we putting things out into the world to help solve problems? To provide value?

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure