Born in 1950

My mom turns 69 today.

So thankful for her life. I can't imagine how different it would have been to be born in a rural area in the 1950s. As I sit here in our condo with most of our family, my sisters, parents, and our kids it is so different in 2019 than 1950.

I'm thankful for the faith of my mom and her care for our families. I'm thankful for her prayers for me and our family. I know that she prays for us every day... there is no doubt in my mind.

Also thankful for the marriage of my parents. They are in their late 60s and still devoted to one another. Again 2019 is a lot different than 1950 in America, where there is now much less commitment to marriage and even the attempt to redefine what marriage even is. I'm thankful for the way that my mom shared the gospel with us as kids through her life and reading God's word.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure