Holiday at sea

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory, and Other Addresses

Well... I had written some good stuff and it didn't save. argh...

But, basically, I was reminded of this quote when I watched my son experience the ocean on his feet for the first time. He had the biggest smile on his face yesterday and it made me think that I could have never convinced of him of the joy of that moment by talking about it. He had to experience it. And similarly, but not exactly, we can't hardly imagine the joy that is offered to us through Christ. We are far too easily pleased by the pleasures of this world.

Help me know what is meant by a holiday at the sea. And not want to just make mud pies in the slums.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure