Task, task, task

I've written about this before. I'm a task-oriented person. I can easily find value in accomplishing a task. And I don't think that getting tasks done is a bad thing. The challenge for me is taking a break from tasks and spending time with people.

Many times when I come home and if I look around I start to see tasks that I'd like to get accomplished. The yard needs to get mowed. The ceiling needs to get repainted. I should put the rest of the things in the garage away. I'd like to reorganize a closet. Or I want to pick up things in the basement. My list gets long really quickly. It's challenging for me. If it get it that mode it's easy for me to keep going and after accomplishing one task and I want to do another one.

But, going back to spending time with people, my wife has helped me see the huge value in people... much more than tasks. People have an eternal soul, something that a task will never have. And I want to make sure that I keep that in mind as I feel the desire to get things done I need to remember that ultimately it's my family that's important, it's the people I work with that are important, it's my wife that's important, and my siblings, and my neighbors.

Maybe I try and get one task (even a small one) done in a day when I'm at home... even at work, I need to make sure that I'm engaging with people. I want to accomplish tasks in a day. But, I also want to make sure that I'm building relationship with others. I believe that God designed us all for relationship, not to be alone.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure