Everybody else is doing it

Should our company have an Instagram account?

Should we start a podcast?

Everybody else is doing it. Is that a good reason to start utilizing a new tactic? I have no doubt in my mind that there is value in the above two tactics and others as well, but I continue to struggle with knowing we have a small team and not knowing the impact that either one of these two will make or another new tactic for that matter.

Especially Instagram. I don't think that a lot of our customers or potential customers are on there, but then I see Argentina, Brazil, and Ukraine company accounts with a presence there and I wonder maybe we need to be doing something in this space. How do you know?

The other things I've wrestled with is from past experience of biting off new technology and not having the bandwidth to do it well and it just dies.

So my answer is, it depends. It depends on what you're trying to do. Is it a test? What are your goals? Do you have enough staff to support it? Do you have a plan to show up regularly?

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure