I feel like a bunch of mismatched socks on the floor

Yesterday was a day with the kids.

Josie just kind of froze during a game of Duck, Duck, Goose at church and started crying. We don't know exactly why.

Baer peed his pants at church and they had to find him another outfit.

When I got home Mac had just spit up all over my wife. And I know this was just a few things at the end of the day that I know about.

As we were getting the kids to bed I saw a bunch of mismatched socks on the floor in Mac's room and I asked, "Are all of these Mac's?" My wife responded, "That's what my life feels like right now... A bunch of mismatched socks all over the floor."

When we look back on our days when we had little kids I'm not sure what all we'll remember. I hope it's not all of the stuff that was so tough. The thing about all of the things that happened above is they're all kind of out of our control as parents. We think we have more control than we do. It's more about what do we do after these things happen. For example with Josie being shy and scared at church, we talked to her for a while about it last night encouraging her to be brave and know that God is always with her.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure