The extra effort

Is the extra effort worth it? How do you know? How do you measure it? Can you measure it?

That was part of my discussions yesterday with my team as we looked at a mock-up of an invitation to our conference that I put together. I knew the cost of it was going to be more expensive than in past years, but I also believed that it should get more attention than our typical invitation does.

But even in the end, I couldn't prove for sure that the increase in cost will for sure drive more attendance or even get more attention. Yet we did decide to move forward with the design and I'm looking forward to still seeing what kind of notice it does get.

Not only was there extra effort on my part, but our vendor who typically produces our invitations had to outsource the design to China because they weren't able to do it in-house and they could find any other printer in the US that was willing to take on the project either. Part of the invitations will have to be done by hand!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure