When a meeting goes over

What does it mean when you go over on your allotted time for a meeting?

Do you care about the other people in the room? What does it say about you? Do other people care?

Did you practice your talk? Did you not allow enough time?

I sat in a lot of meetings yesterday and there were parts of them that were good, there were parts that were long, there were parts that were irrelevant specifically to me. I can't say I participated in a lot of it. I was actively listening, but I wonder what the rest of the room thought. I'm not sure if we ever ask for feedback or not. It's making me think just in general about meetings, how long we make them, how much I prepare for mine, how closely I stick to the allotted time, how engaged I am.

Let's make meetings better.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure