Contentment this Christmas

We're still 4 days from Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to this time. But, like I mentioned in an earlier post there has been so much on Christmas already as well. "Black Friday" has already started. We're getting hammered by marketers that want us to buy. And it's easy to fall into the trap that something that I see will bring contentment.

God help remind me this season that anything that I believe will bring some sort of contentment is because you have put a longing in our hearts to be content. But help me remember that these things, relationships, ideas will never fully satisfy. They're not bad, but they're also not the world that is to come where all will be made right. In the craziness of Christmas here in the United States, help me and my family and others remember why we celebrate Christmas and help us be content.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure