I'd like some entertainment with a side of food

I wasn't planning to go out last night for any "Black Friday" shopping (on a Thursday), but my wife and I decided that getting a TV for our basement at the prices that were available was a good idea...

So I headed to Walmart with my brother-in-law. It wasn't like a few years ago when it was a mad dash, but it was packed. And it was just a bizarre sight. With a lot of people pushing around carts with these large inexpensive TVs in them. But, the thing that stuck out the most to me was the way they had cardboard displays chock full of DVDs and Blu-rays right in front of all the refrigerated food. Down the entire food aisle from the back of the store to the front was electronic stuff to buy.

And it made me think to myself. In America, we really treat entertainment like food. Many feel like they need to be entertained daily. Many may even place it above food. We have an abundance of food in general in this country, but we also have an abundance of entertainment and it's not slowing down.

The next question then is, "Is entertainment bad?" and "How much do we really need?"

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure