Get the input of others

I tend to think pretty highly of myself. I tend to think that I know best. I know that's not true, but yet I struggle to include others sometimes.

I'm thankful for others. Just yesterday I asked a few of my colleagues for feedback on a particular piece I was working on and overwhelmingly the feedback was opposite of what I originally thought. And they all had good reasoning as to why and I was convinced to go with the other piece. Then last night I wanted to show my wife what I'd been working on at the office to get her feedback. I felt stuck on the design I was working on. Lovingly, she gave me a few suggestions, and hesitantly I started trying them. She even did a Google search to show me that the way I was designing some type was harder to read. She convinced me and I believe the design is going to be better because of it.

When you're stuck. Get others' input. They don't have to be an expert. They just need an opinion. You never know where a request for help may get you.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure