Forgiven

What a good action forgiveness is. Along with that is the ability we have to ask for forgiveness, which I'm thankful for.

I experienced forgiveness yesterday with one of my co-workers and it felt so good. To know that even though I screwed up and didn't think in the way that I responded to my co-worker, once I realized what I had done, and asked for forgiveness, he extended it.

I went out to lunch with a co-worker of mine yesterday to talk through some challenges we were facing. And I'm so glad I did. We were able to talk through things. We both came to see that we both interpret things differently in our conversations with one another. There are areas where we can both grow. We also both want to really want to work together well. He's also a believer and I know that has helped in us both wanting to work through our challenges and forgive.

I think one of the biggest things I've realized through the process is that you can't take back things that you've said or ways that you've acted in the past. And those influence the future with someone. I struggled with the initial hire of this person and I know it was obvious to him that I did. Through the process, I've seen how he's actually been a really good fit! But, I can't take back my initial reactions, other than to tell him that I'm seeing that he's doing well and he's been a good hire and I'm glad he's on the team.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure