"I didn't throw up on my dinosaurs"

We've been fortunate in that none of our kids have ever thrown up... until last night.

We were both sound asleep and my son came into our bed. I think both of us were ready to just put him back in bed until he said, "I threw up in my bed." And then we smelled it and realized what he was saying was true. And it was a lot. Somehow he managed to not get much on his clothes. And he told us, "I didn't throw up on my dinosaurs." very matter of factly.

After the whole ordeal last night, my son threw up 3 times. Once all over me in the bathroom. Once in his bed and once on the floor in the family room where we set up a makeshift bed for the rest of the night with me on the couch. It's crazy what you can do if you have to in the middle of the night.

I did two loads of laundry. I took a shower. I gave my son a bath. My wife made his bed again. She also made a makeshift bed in the family room. I think I about threw up 3 times last night... but we made it!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure