It's go time

3 days left until our biggest conference of the year starts. This will be my 8th Winter Conference and there's something that they all have in common. Everything comes together, but it all happens in the last few days.

It doesn't seem to matter how much we plan in advance and how many people are involved, we manage to keep tweaking until the day before. And I think that's a good thing. It makes it more stressful perhaps, but I think we also create our best work in this way. By going all the way to the deadline we give everything we're working on the most time possible.

So, we still have 3 days left. Things are coming together. Monday will be crazy, but it's going to be a great week!

My wife also reminded me last night that things have gotten a little less crazy... I used to spend hours and hours reformatting presentations for presenters. At least one year we decided to use Keynote instead of PowerPoint which meant for most presenters I had to take their PC PowerPoint file and tweak it all on a Mac. It was horrible. I remember being at Five Points in Washington, IL super late the night before the conference and eating some food that gave Kauffman and me horribly bad-smelling farts! Oh the memories leading up to Winter Conference.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure