Letting others run

I think I may have written something similar lately, but I'm continuing to learn that part of being creative is sharing your ideas with others and even letting others run with them. To not hold too tightly to your ideas because you think you know best how they should end up.

Case in point, I shared an idea for a video with one of my co-workers this week. He caught the vision of it, we talked about it for a bit and then he started running with it. Many times before I might have not shared it until I thought I had it all figured out, but part of the fun of talking about it together and giving him the freedom to go was to see how he communicated the idea then and got others on board and moved it forward. It's not how I would have done it exactly, but then he's not me, and I think he did an awesome job.

I want to grow in letting others run. I want to run too, but more of a relay where we cheer each other on, pass the baton and watch as someone else runs fast but maybe a little different than I would.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure